Dental Implants or Dental Bridges: Which is Right for Me?
When it comes to replacing your missing teeth, all options are not created equal.
In the past, the only way to restore your bite was to place a dental bridge over your natural teeth, or to wear a removable denture. Bridges were preferred, as they offered a semi-permanent solution to your smile.
Unfortunately, “Traditional” Bridges Have Many Disadvantages:
- They usually only last between 7 to 10 years
- Healthy natural teeth have to be ground down to anchor the bridge on top of them
- Cleaning around bridges is a bit more difficult to do
- If one of the supporting teeth develops a cavity or gum disease, the entire bridge is jeopardized
Advantages of Dental Implants Over Fixed Bridges
For our patients with missing teeth, our implant dentist in Beaverton can replace that single tooth – instead of impacting additional teeth on either side. Dental implants aren’t just low profile, they’re beneficial to your entire smile.
Why are implants better than getting a bridge?
- Implants can last for life
- Each implant looks and functions just like a real tooth
- Your other teeth don’t have to be drilled away during the process
- An implant is very easy to care for
Even if you weren’t a candidate for dental implants before, technological advancement may have changed that. Call our implant dentist today to schedule a consultation!